In this video you will learn advanced color grading technique with the Color Editor Tool in Capture One 12. I will show you how to precisely pick a color from the image, adjust its range and modify selected color. With Color Editor you can adjust Hue, Saturation and Luminosity of picked color range. You will also learn how to combine working with layers and Color Editor for greatest flexibility and control.
Controls available within the Advanced Color Editor Tool:
Color Picker - click on the icon to activate the tool. Click within the selected color range to precisely sample the color.
Color Range Sliders - drag them along the wheel to widen / narrow selected color range.
Sampled Colors - each time you sample a color with the Color Picker, new color sample will be added to the list. Beside each color sample there are numeric values for that specific color that can be altered: H (hue), S (saturation), L (lightness).
View selected color range - ticking the button will create a preview of selected color range. Only selected color will remain, rest of the image will temporarily turn to greyscale. Very helpful to precisely set the color range and avoid altering unwanted neighbouring colors in the image.
Invert Slice Selection - click to invert selected "slice" of color range.
Span Full Saturation Range - extends the selected range to full saturation scope (the slice will extend towards the central point of the circle and towards the external edge). You can also manually extend or narrow the saturation range by dragging edges of the selected "slice".
Smoothness - higher numeric values will create smoother transition between selected color range and neighbouring color. On the contrary - low numeric values will result in a hard edged selection and harsh transition between the colors.
Hue, Saturation, Lightness - once you are happy with the selected color range, use these three sliders to make changes to the color. The original color sample versus the new, altered color are visible at the bottom of the Color Editor Tool palette.
Plus Icon - adds a sample including the complete color range. Useful to globally adjust saturation of the image, without the need of closing the Color Editor Tool.
Minus Icon - deletes selected color sample from the list of edited colors.
The video is part of "Capture One 12 in Action for Beginners" video course.
In the complete video course you can learn:
- How to take advantage of the benefits of shooting in a RAW format
- Easy installation and setup of Quick Capture One 12’s free trial download on your computer
- How to start your RAW edits by selecting the optimal Base Characteristic Curve
- Basic Lens Corrections: Chromatic Aberration
- Smart methods of performing global and selective luminosity adjustments
- The best ways to work with layers, standard masks and the Luma Range Mask tool
- Correcting color temperature and creating a mood with the White Balance tool
- Proven color grading techniques with Curves (RGB & Luma Curve), Color Balance and Color Editor tools
- Keyboard shortcuts that will speed up your workflow using Capture One styles, intelligent copying and how to reapply adjustments to multiple images
- Stylish matt finish effect and custom vignette application
My courses are hands-on and include detailed Photoshop tutorials and high-quality downloads. You’ll feel fully supported as you enjoy the freedom to explore and experiment with new techniques. The goal of every class is for you to realise your artistic vision and achieve remarkable results with ease and joy. Read more
Follow us on Instagram
In the 2nd class from the “Lighting Style in Photography” series, we will focus on the High Key Effect. In this class you will…
Get inspired by Renaissance Masters and translate the Chiaroscuro oil panting technique into photography medium. In this class we will…
Are you ready to gain Super Hot New Skill? Have lots of fun along the way and create a Cinemagraph…