- quick clean-up
- advanced Dodge & Burn
- targeted luminosity adjustments
- selective sharpening
- optional finish: funky Gel Lighting Effect
The animation illustrates original image (step 1) versus version with applied Corrective D&B (step 2), and Contouring (step 3).
The videos are part of "Using the Dodge & Burn Technique for Professional Photoshop Portrait Editing" online course.
In the complete video course you can learn:
- How to perform a classic portrait edit workflow with professional Photoshop techniques
- Effective use of the Dodge & Burn technique to enhance any image
- Post production special effects: emulating Gel Lighting
- Best ways to work with confidence using Masks and Adjustment Layers
- How to work in a non-destructive way with the use of most powerful Photoshop toolAdd style to your image and get the artistic look by adding dramatic coloured effect inspired by theatre and cinematography. By introducing strong, flashy colors, we will create images with a twist — provocative, vibrant portraits, pulsating with energy. You will learn the complete color grading process with the Color Fill and Selective Color Adjustment Layers combined with Photoshop Masks to achieve an eye-grabbing effect.
My courses are hands-on and include detailed Photoshop tutorials and high-quality downloads. You’ll feel fully supported as you enjoy the freedom to explore and experiment with new techniques. The goal of every class is for you to realise your artistic vision and achieve remarkable results with ease and joy. Read more
Follow us on Instagram
Luminosity Masks: The Definitive Guide Luminosity masks are a photographer’s secret weapon to elevating a good photo to a pixel-perfect…
The following series turned out to be my interpretation of the famous quote from Henry David Thoreau “all good things…
I must admit that one of my favorite features in Capture One are predefined Styles. Working with RAW files and…